Bento boxes

Oh my how time has flown. That tiny girl has now grown into a kindergarten kid - all self possession and bed-making mature.  Weep.  I love her as she is now just as much, but I do mourn the little person she was too.

Anyway - big school has kicked off.  I am feeling ambivalent about it as I wasn't really into school myself (e.g. me trying to scale the fence to get out, faking headaches so I could go home or at least hang in sick bay, putting on my shoes and getting ready to walk the long way home when I was sent out of class....) but I am hoping it will be a positive experience for her.  And to set her on the right path, we are going to make fantastic LUNCHBOXES!  We did a bit of lunchbox equipment shopping last time we were in Japan, so I think we are really set now.

I'm also working on a couple of things that really may take all year, but I will definitely share them when they are ready - one is a list of products that have met some or most of my strict requirements for worthwhile purchases and the other is a meal plan that is seasonal, balanced according to serving recommendations and calorie counted etc.  Seeing as one day takes about a week to research, it's going to be a long haul!  However, I am totally comfortable with the fact that it will take a long time, but it will be worth it in the end as we will be eating at optimal levels.  YES!



0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any