Samsara Project: Pillowcase to drawstring bag number one

...in which things pass through states of existence...



Another pillowcase post.  Not entirely intentional, but I noticed that when one came out of the wash, it was torn in both corners. Toooo hard to mend, so I added it to the re-use pile.  Luckily, as Little Miss O has started preschool again, she needed some bags for stuff.  As I try to avoid plastic bags, I pulled out the pillowcase....


Here's my pillowcase pre-project (and pre ironing!) 



Here are the holes that caused the need to find a new life for it.




I measured 35cm up  from the bottom and cut the pillowcase into equal halves.


And then cut across at 35cm from the bottom (this has left some excess which will be used later).


I cut out an appliqué to represent the use of the bag - to keep Little Miss O's spare undies etc. in.  Make sure to do the appliqué before you sew up the open side.  SO much easier.


...and stitched it on.


Then I sewed across the bottom above the holes in the corners.


I snipped in a centimetre above this seam...


...and folder over the edges which I then....


Stitched down while sewing the side seam at the same time...


Stopping 4cm from the top.


I then folded over the top about 0.5cm and pressed


And then folded it over again, about 2cm this time and stitched the top and bottom...


Then I threaded a ribbon through using a safety pin and...


...voila!  A cute little bag for Little Miss O's smalls.


0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any