Samsara Project: Leather skirt to...err..leather skirt

...in which things pass through states of existence...

We have discussed my terrible fallen from grace love of leather before, and here I am again with more leather.  Can't help it.  I love it.  I know, that is hardly an excuse, and actually, I am not offering it up as an excuse just as a fact.  So...




I have wanted a leather skirt for an age and I have been fondling old leather skirts in op shops for a while, but none took my fancy.  THEN...I was in Vinnies today while I was waiting my turn to have a hair cut and lo and behold!  A leather skirt!  A leather skirt for $15 which is quite reasonable for Vinnie's these days, let me tell you.  But it looked like this:


And look, I know...if I had a tiny waist and was ten foot tall, this would have looked amazing with simple white t-shirt tucked in, flats and a beret.  However, I have been blessed with neither of those attributes, and I look better in a pencil skirt, so using my other skirt as a guide...


...I made the skirt you see above.  It was a pretty simple job - unpicked it, cut it, put in darts, sewed the sides up, sewed them up again more tightly....and again.  Put the zip back in.  Folded over the top and stitched (might need to sew some ribbon inside the waistband to stop it from stretching out....) to make the waist and then put in a hook and eye.  BAM!  Leather skirt.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any