I love you, Morrissey


I went to see Morrissey last night, and it was transcendental.  Sure.  He didn't play loads of Smiths songs.  And yes - the Opera House was a bit of a weird venue.  But in the end, that didn't matter.  it brought tears, people, TEARS, to the eyes of the 15 year old inside me.  That voice - that voice in the same room as me.  Live.  Coming from a real person in the same room as me.  And the songs...newer songs, mostly, but still the same feel.  The kind of lyrics that spoke to a 15 year old and said that it's OK to feel unloved.  It's OK to feel strange.  It's OK to read poetry.  It's OK to feel miserable. It's OK to not want to eat meat.  It was OK because someone else felt it too.  And probably lots of other 15 year olds felt it as well...and that's probably why the adults they became were all there last night.

I just wanted to hug him and say, "thank you."


0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any