Sewing for kids: Vintage Simplicity 7919


This fabric is not my usual choice....it's a bit...pink.   However, I must have been overly cheerful that day as I got a metre and a half of it.  It's called Hello Tokyo by Robert Kaufman.  Little Miss O loves it.  


I used a vintage Simplicity pattern to cut the dress out, but I didn't really follow the instructions.  In fact, I didn't follow them at all.  I have made a lot of little frocks in this style, so it was not necessary.  It's a pretty simple make - insert zip, sew facings together, sew shoulder seams, sew in facings, topstitch...blah blah...   I think that for a beginner, it would be an excellent choice.  

The dress makes up quite wide.  Little Mis O is three and a half and is a bit swamped by it.  The width in the body won't be such a big problem - lots of space for movement, and at the rate she eats and grows...she will fill out those shoulders.  I like the high neckline to protect the skin on little necks too.  


0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any