Sewing for kids: Vintage Simplicity 5941


This very cute fabric was 380 yen a metre the other day at Tomato, and I used about 75cm for this top.  I also had some vintage bias binding - very cute - and used this to avoid doing facings.  Woohooo.  I shall give more info on how I did this in another post to come.  I also made my first thread button hole using this tutorial.  Pretty pleased how it turned out, and it will look particularly cute with these bottoms.


I used the above pattern, which was pretty straight forward except for the fact that the pattern pieces are really old school and don't have any text markings etc. on them, just a complicated series of holes, the meaning of which are explained in the instructions.  However, its a royal pain in the bum to have to keep going back to the instructions and work it out.  If you're willing to do that, this pattern is a cinch.  If not, look for one of the many similar ones from the era that do have text markings.  


0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any