Eco eater: New bread experiments

Is there anything better than the smell of freshly baked bread - especially on a cold winter's day?  Mmmm.  I am back at working on making our little fam white food free, so I have been baking some mixed up breads.

I used Vikki Leng's wholemeal bread recipe from Vegetarian Feast and then messed around with flours and healthy additions.  I still have some white flour left (bags of it actually, so I mixed it in, but in future, there will be no white flour at all).  I think any basic bread recipe would work here.


This one has 7.5 g yeast, 1/2 cup hot water, 1 cup cold water, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, 2 cups of spelt flour, 1 cup of white plain flour, 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, 1/4 cup walnuts and 1/4 cup oats.


This one has 7.5 g yeast, 1/2 cup hot water, 1 cup cold water, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, 1 cup of buckwheat, 1 cup of plain white flour, 1 cup of wholemeal plain flour, 1/4 cup linseeds and 1/4 chia seed.  I have finally finished the buckwheat flour I bought to make galettes, and am very glad to see the back of it.  Everything I made came out with a concrete like pallor and consistency.  

(Check out the source page to see where to get some of these ingredients in Japan).

What are you baking?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any