Eco eater: Veggie box trials - On the slope

In case you hadn't noticed, I am obsessed with healthy eating at present and have been researching organic or at least pesticide etc. free veggie boxes in Japan.  The first one arrived today.

It's from On the Slope, which is based in Kyoto - not ideal as that is a loooong way from Tokyo, so its carbon neutrality is...not very neutral.  However, I was impressed with the trial offer, which was 980 yen including postage.  It also arrived really fast - ordered on Friday and delivered today.


YUM!  Look at those purple carrots.  I was pretty excited about that.  The box came with a list of the food names and how to cook them, but naturally, it was all in Japanese, which was disappointing.  Only because, I hasten to add, that the explanation sheet was one of the reasons I was interested in the company, and it was advertised on their English language page, so I guess I assumed, wrongly, that there was an English version.  Never mind.  The only one I wasn't particularly sure about was the one on the bottom right, and I just sliced a few pieces and stir fried them with garlic and soy sauce.  It was delicious.

I've made soup with the carrots, stir fry with the mystery greens and am planning a veggie lasagne for tomorrow which will use the remainder of the carrots, the mushrooms and the spinach.

Anyone got any ideas for those little radishes?

2 comments :

  1. Hello,thank you for the ideas!
    I think in the right bottom is rape plant, or nabana in Japanese. You instinctively did well with it, you can fry it or boil it :) karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - thanks so much...of course that's what it is. It was YUM. :)

    ReplyDelete

add to any