Samsara project: From scarf to....P-O-M to the pom, pom, pom.

...in which things pass through states of existence...

Hm.  It could be classified as almost obsessive, my love of pompoms.  Oh well - it's harmless, I guess.  Yesterday, whilst looking for faux feathers to make Little Miss O a wild Indian head-dress so we can go whooping around the back garden, I stumbled across some fantastically bright pompoms, and I had to take them home with me.


Here is a boring grey scarf that I got at the opshop for $2.  Of course, it was always going to be revamped, and it seems it was destined for pom-pom glory...


Hooray!  Colour!  Pom!  I simply snipped off the old fringe, sewed up the ends to stop them from fraying and also to give extra body so as not to tear holes with the weight of the pompoms.  Then, I stitched them on with the ole crowbar and some bright orange yarn my friend gave me.  

Total cost - scarf was $2, yarn was free, bag of pom poms was $4.99.  Result.

Now, if anyone knows where to buy synthetic or cruelty-free feathers.....



0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any