Sewing for kids: Cute wrap skirt

Being a bit of an instant-gratification sewing type, I do love a simple but effective pattern...and here is one that I got at the Salvos for a dollar.  Wrap skirts are pretty damn good, so I was pleased to find a kiddy one...


...which I could use to make a skirt for a friend's little girl.


Note ric-rac - I had to stop myself from adding more.  Ahhh - flashback to my character skirt that I had at ballet when I was about nine....it was red and super twirly and had rows and rows and rows of ric-rac.

This little number was very budget-conscious - pattern - $1 at the Salvos, floral fabric - part of a longer length from Vinnies, so about $2 for this piece, gingham fabric was a gift and the ric rac cost about $1.50 from the bulk lot that I bought.  I shall also make a pompom necklace similar to the one I made little Miss O but with nicer pompoms, which will probably come out at a max cost of about $3.  A cute and original gift for under a tenner.  Hoo-bloody-rah!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any