Getting all domestic...

Woohoo!  I do so love a rainy day when there is absolutely no reason to go out and thus, I can sew alllll day - well, in between playing with Little Miss O.  Or feeding here.  Or bathing her.  Or cuddling her.  Or reading her books....

We got all home-inspired today - I am trying to turn the lovely granny flat where we stay at my parents into a place that is more my style.  With not much cash.  First up,  was a super simple project.  I got the rice bag below the other day at the opshop with a whole bundle of stuff....



...and I simply snipped off the handles and put a cushion stuffing that we had around in it and hey presto!  Cute cushion.


Then I made some handtowels from some organic waffle fabric that began life as quilt covers mum got on sale for guests, but then became curtains for the granny flat and then was abandoned when the blinds (which are not my thing, but hey...) were installed.  So.....so far, I have made....


...handtowels with cute trim.  Ahh....ricrac and pompom trim, I love you.  And....


a bathmat using a vintage tea towel I got from my mum's cousin on top and the waffle fabric on the bottom and trimmed with pompoms.  Vintage souvenirs AND pompom trim.  Is there anything better?

What have you been making lately?


0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any