Decluttering Task Thirty-three


Bibs Little Miss O doesn't use anymore - not enough coverage for the wreckage of eating.


My poor old fry pan that no longer non-sticks.


Assorted mini kitchen detritus.


Excess cutlery - six of each is more than enough - especially considering we don't even have six chairs at our table.  Hm.

Little Miss O has crashed out, rather unusually, so I can sneak in my blog post for today.  Over the past two days, I have been clearing out the kitchen and I have got rid of some more things....plus I have a pile of things to ask Mr O about - see if he wants to keep them.  Feels good.  I am trying to work out a way to minimalise my cleaning routine but at the same time, keep the house clean.  Hmm - some ruminations required.  Definitely do not want to spend my life scrubbing.  

Next, I have decided that I am going to make my decluttering a bit more directional for the rest of the month.  I have two goals that I would like to achieve - one - sorting out my wardrobe (I really want to pare it right back) and two - clearing out the two overflowing boxes of unwanted crap that are sitting in our living room and that make me feel very depressed every time I look at them.  Ugh.  By the end of the month, they are going to be EMPTY.  So - my idea for you today is to give your declutter a focus this month.  Pick an area that you really need to wrestle with and get stuck into it.

1) Pick a collection or a cupboard or a shelf or something in your house that really needs addressing.

2) Make a plan of attack.  For example, for my wardrobe, I am aiming for the power of one (just reading that kind of chills me a bit) e.g one winter coat, one winter jacket, one LBD.  For my box of unwanted crap, I am going to divide it into ebay (other selling sites), for free and chuck and deal with each accordingly by listing them or freecycling/donating them or...throwing them away.

3) Set aside some time for it.  What is your most productive time of day? When are you least likely to be interrupted? Really devote some time to it or it won't happen.

4) Do it.  As the slogan says, Just Do It.

5) Once finished, sit back, put your feet up and have a nice cup of tea while surveying the results of a job well done.





0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any