Studded Converse!

Woohooo.  I saw some in a magazine and thought, I MUST have them.  However, being totally not into paying whatever the ridiculous price was and being the owner of an extensive wardrobe of Converse (I know - but I do wear a pair almost every day...does that make it a bit better?), I thought I would give it a whirl myself.


I chose my kind of plain pale grey hi-tops to do it on.  I can't recall where I got these - China, maybe?  Anyway - this is the before shot above.  I got some pyramid studs from Tomtop Auction on ebay - great price, free postage and when they took ages to arrive, they even trusted me enough to refund me and asked me to pay again if they arrived, which they did...so I did.



It didn't take very long  - about an hour or so watching Cold Case with Mr O.  I wasn't quite sure how to handle the widening of the space, so I just fanned them out a little, which doesn't look too bad, I don't think.  I am going to stitch a piece of fabric on to the inside to protect my socks and my feet from being ripped to shreds by the points on the back of the studs.  Can't wait to wear them....weather...cool down, please!


0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any