Allergy-free: rice noodles


Please note that allergy free posts cover my daughter's personal allergies - eggs, sesame and all nuts but walnuts and does not constitute medical advice.

OK - this is a little Japan specific, but anyway, I am sure there are people out there in Japan with allergies  thinking - what the hell am I going to eat?  I found these in the supermarket the other day and was pretty stoked about it.  They are rice noodles.  And just rice.  Nothing else.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada.  Hoo-friggin-ray for that.  Little Miss O was extremely offended when I offered them to her with some nicely stir-fried veg last night (oh the trials of a 21 month old child), but I am going to slip them in with some fried tofu tomorrow night and some yummy soup and see how she goes.  If not, I shall sneak them into some veggie soup at some point.  I will prevail.

And that's the character for rice, in case you were wondering.


0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any