Pesto


I so wanted to share this recipe with you as it makes really yummy pesto, but I do it with some trepidation as after I gave it to Little Miss O for dinner last night, she instantly swelled up and also busted out in hives all over her little body and we had to rush around trying to find an emergency clinic (it took over an hour - thank goodness she didn't go into anaphylactic shock or anything)..horrible.  Looks like she is also allergic to cashews (poor little girl already has an egg allergy).  Man.

However, for those of us who are blessed not to have nut allergies;

120g cashews
1 cup of basil leaves (mine came from my garden..woohooo)
2-3 large garlic cloves
1/2 cup grated parmesan (fresh, of course)
1/2 cup of oil - you may need to add a little more if it is too clumpy.

Whack it all in the food processor and process until it resembles...um..pesto.  Stir into freshly cooked pasta.

Yum.  Or life-threatening, as the case may be.

(N.B for those of you with nut allergies or those of you who have friends or relatives with nut allergies, I may sound a little...light...about it, but in fact, I am not.  I am absolutely terrified.)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any