A minimalist pantry



I may be failing somewhat miserably in other areas of minimalism in my life, I do have a rather minimalist pantry.  Actually - this is the result of a combo of lack of space, no car to drive home from the supermarket stuffed with shopping, err..lack of funds and a desire not to waste food.  Which segues into why I am showing you my pantry - as it is.  

This is my very simple pantry organising system that works very effectively to limit food waste.  Working clockwise from the top right;

1) Basket for opened packets that need to be used in 2012
2) Basket for unopened packets that need to be used in 2012
3) Basket for unopened packets that need to be used in 2013 and beyond
4) Basket for opened packets that need to be used in 2013 and beyond.

Every week or so,  when I am planning the shopping, I do a quick check to see what we have, what needs to be used (thus planning recipes around those items) and moving back any items that Little Miss O, who likes to look at them has put in the wrong basket.  

Simple.  Effective. Have you got any tips for avoiding food waste?

Posted by Picasa

0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any