Stolen Style


OK - I have to admit to plagiarising a beautiful scarf that my friend was wearing the other day.  Hers was in black and white silk with multi-coloured wool stitching and smaller, multi-coloured pompoms, but I stole the idea of the wool stitching and pompoms to make the above. It is made from flea market fabric and wool that I had at home.  I am quite pleased with it - it has a kind of "boho" vibe about it that I quite like - even if I loathe the word "boho".  I am worried about the pompoms though.  How do they stay together?  I followed this tutorial to make them as I had never made one before - well - OK, maybe in primary school, but that was a loooong time ago.  I am worried that the little short bits of wool are going to come out - as you can see they are already edging their way out  Anyone got any ideas?

Speaking of scarves - I was studying this scarf that my mum gave me - it's a beautifully soft lemon stripey long thin scarf that she bought on sale at Fleur Wood.  The original price was AUD69 which is rrrrrridiculous for starters.  However, when I inspected it closely, I realised that it is just a strip of fabric.  No hemming, no edging, no nothing.  Just a long skinny strip cut from rayon and with a "designer" tag sewn on.  SIXTY-NINE BUCKS!  Goodness.  What is the world coming to?

3 comments :

  1. This is super cute! I love the look. You are so crafty. The orange and blue color contrast is lovely.

    Mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mongs - it's very kind of you to say so. :)

      Delete
  2. This looks much like a scarf I saw for €42. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

add to any