My creative space is reborn!





Not sure why my darling little IXY has gone all misty-eyed, but I hope that she pulls herself together soon. Anyway - here we can see what has been happening chez les Okuda of late - a revamp of our home office (computers not yet installed)/craft room/guest room.  New curtains are going to happen too - ones with pleats and so on once I get off my arse to make them. SO tedious making curtains.

I know.  It's not minimalism.  I know that.  You know that.  Blind Freddy knows that.  Minimalists don't have ornaments. Or pictures.  Or vintage suitcases filled with neatly folded fabric.  HowEVER, if we look at how it was 12 days ago....


(Sorry mum)...a general dumping ground for all our crap, then I think that there has been a VAST improvement.  I still have stuff to sell/donate and a box of extremely random items that I am not sure what to do with yet, but there has been a lot of culling.  And extreme organisation.

It's a work in progress.  I am dedicating myself to the concept that nothing is going to go IN, but stuff is going to keep going OUT, be it in the form of handmade gifts, further selling/donations, projects for around the house, clothes for the fam....etc.

Gorgeous, gorgeous space.  I can't wait to get in there and make myself some new aprons and laundry bags.  Domestic goddess or WHAT?



0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any