Sewing for kids: Little Projects for Little Miss O




A couple of things I made for the lady recently. Sweet little dress - the bodice is made from an old body suit with a cute print and the skirt from my stash. How good are those bicycle buttons - a gift from my cousin. The mittens were the sleeves from the cardigan that I cut to make a gilet. The string - very obscure - I bought in the north Chinese town of Xiahe. I found minority markets and shops in China amazing - there's a great appreciation for colour - as seen by the Bai (please excuse me if this is wrong - I can't recall if they were Yi or Bai) I saw in a local market in Yunnan many years ago. The "L" and the "R" are to give her half a chance at being better than me at telling left from right. Ho-hum.


Posted by Picasa

0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any