Sewing for kids: Upcycling again


Finally - I have managed to squeeze a little bit of upcycling in. The top one was a cute Duns organic body suit that got too short in the body, but still fit width-wise, so I turned it into a little dress using some remnant fabric for the sleeves and some fabric that had come from the fleamarket and was cut out to be a tshirt that I cut too small, so...here it is. The below is some odd little decos for my Chrisso tree made from old jewellery, key rings and so on. An eclectic mix.
It was raining today, and Mr O was at work, so Little Miss O and I had a pyjama day. We stayed inside, listened to music and "danced", built towers, I ate homemade pear muffins and made wholemeal tortilla. Happy days.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments :

  1. And oh...about your question, thrifting in Singapore is reasonably cheap, clothes from $1 to $10. The one store I'm most disappointed with is The Salvation Army, they are relatively expensive, and they are out to make a big profit even from the poor though they don't pay a cent for the stuff they sell.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on the upcycling! I like the cute dress and the little ornaments for the Christmas tree!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

add to any