Bread and bye-bye


Well - it's certainly been a strange few days here in Japan, and our thoughts are with those who have lost everything or indeed have lost their lives in this awful disaster.  That earthquake was probably the damn scariest thing I have ever experienced.  At the moment, the shelves in the supermarkets are pretty empty - lots of panic buying, but luckily I had a bag of flour to hand, so I whipped up a couple of loaves.  They turned out pretty well, I must say!

Meanwhile, Little Miss O and I are flying out tonight after a panic meltdown back in Sydney.

I am also having a little fundraiser.  All the products under the else seven name albums are for sale with 80% of the price going to be donated to the victims via the Japanese Red Cross.  The prices don't include postage.  Here's the link;  http://elseseven.shutterfly.com/ .  My goal is AUD500, so we will see how we go.  So far, I have raised AUD20, but I am an optimist.  Once I get back, I will also be donating some clothes and baby clothes to the cause if I can find a reputable place to take them.

Take care and see you all in Sydney.

1 comments :

  1. I've been thinking about you. Safe flight back to Sydney; hope you can return to Japan soon.. it's just a terrible time

    ReplyDelete

add to any