Sewing for kids: Monkeying around



And some more sewing...I also made a bag for our new video camera....Mr O not too sure about the pink drawstrings, and I am not too sure about the slightly bodgy gathering around the top, but it does the job.  But I digress...I made some monkey pants from the pattern in the book that I showed you and they came out quite well.  The main fabric is definitely a flea or opshop special and the grey knit fabric is from the flea market for sure.  The second pic is a bit of an upcycling coup - I made a mini cardi from one of my old cotton cardis that was looking a bit worse for wear (I loathe how quickly cotton cardis pill and lose their shape!).  The bias stretched out the neck a bit - got to work out how to combat that...stay stitching perhaps?  Bias and trim from good old Daiso.

1 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! the pants turned out great, as did the cardi, I love cherry prints

    ReplyDelete

add to any