Veggie recipes - Vegan "cream" of broccoli stalk and celery soup



I have learnt that the blog page publishes your post on the day you wrote it rather than the day you publish it, so these babies are popping up all out of order. Sorry!

I was recently talking about making broccoli stalk soup and today I made an awesomely creamy delish soup, so I am going to share the recipe. Again - we can save the broccoli stalks from becoming rubbish, and it's also vegan!

You will need;
1) A bunch of celery – about 7 stalks – chopped finely
2) Broccoli stalk from one head of broccoli - sliced finely (leaves removed)
3) 1 cup soy milk (I like my soups thick, but if you want them more liquid, maybe one and a half cups. It’s really worth it to invest in a good quality soy too – not one with all the added crap.)
4) 1 medium onion – chopped
5) 1 cup vegan stock (I made mine from a purchased vegan stock powder and hot water)
6) 1 tsp cumin
7) Black pepper to taste
8) Grapeseed oil (olive oil should not really be heated…)

It’s quick and simple to make.
1) Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onions and cumin
2) Saute them for a couple of minutes, then add the celery and broccoli stalks and sauté for a further couple of minutes
3) Add the stock and bring to the boil, then simmer, covered until the veggies are tender but not soggy.
4) Put in a large bowl or food processor or blender and add the soy milk and season with black pepper to taste
5) Blend (I used my blending stick)

This makes four small bowls or two large ones of creamy, healthy, eco, vegan soup. Enjoy with fresh wholemeal bread. YUM.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

add to any